- 2 cups rinsed raw cranberries
- 2 skinned and cored tart green apples, cut into thick slices
- 1 large, whole (peel ON) seedless orange, cut into sections
- 1 to 2 cups granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you would like your relish to be)
1. If you are using an old fashioned grinder, use the medium-sized grinder plate and set the grinder on the edge of a table with a large bowl or pan to catch the fruit mix as it is ground. Old fashioned grinders tend to leak juice down the grinder base, so you may want to set up a bowl underneath to catch the drips.
If you don’t have an old fashioned grinder, you can use the grinder attachment to a KitchenAid mixer, or you can use a food processor.
You can also just chop very finely by hand, but that’s difficult, especially with the cranberries.
2. Push the cranberries, orange sections, and apple slices through the grinder. Include the orange peel! Alternate the fruit as you push it through the grinder so that different fruits get ground together.
3. Stir in the sugar. (Start with less than a cup and keep adding 1/4 cups until you reach your desired level of sweetness.) Let sit at room temperature until the sugar dissolves, about 45 minutes. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.