- 1 cup freshly grated horseradish
- 3 3/4 cups grated beet (about 3 medium beets)
- 1 cup of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds skin-on salmon filet
- 1 handful dill
- Grate beets and horseradish and mix together. Mix salt and sugar then spread generously on salmon filet. Spread beet and horseradish mixture on top of that. Scatter dill sprigs over the top, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cured, about 3 days.
- When salmon feels firm, after about 3 days, remove toppings and discard. Gently rinse filet of remaining salt and sugar and pat dry. Slice very thinly to serve.