Mr. B Loves Baby Squid
Mr. B loves simply prepared seafood. This dish highlights the natural “sea” flavor in the squid. Kissing the grill quickly.
— 1 1/2 pounds cleaned baby squid (tubes and tentacles)
— 2 teaspoons paprika
— 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
— 1/2 teaspoon salt
— 1/2 teaspoon pepper
— Juice of 1 lemon
— 2 tablespoons olive oil
2 lemons, cut in half and brushed with oil1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves 3/4 tsp salt 1 small garlic clove1/3 cup olive oil 3 large handfuls arugula
1. For the squid, mix together paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Marinate squid 30 minutes room temperature.
2. While the squid is marinating, heat the grill to high.
3. Set the lemons cut side down on the grill. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes until nicely charred.
4. Squeeze the lemon juice into a food processor or blender. Add the oregano, salt and garlic and blend until oregano is finely chopped. With the blade running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue to process until the vinaigrette is well blended. Set aside.
5. Thread squid on skewers. Season with salt.
6. Grill over high heat, 2 to 3 minutes a side, until just cooked through and lightly charred in places.
7. Cut the squid tubes into thin rounds.
8. In a large bowl, toss the grilled squid tubes and tentacles with half of the oregano vinaigrette. Add the arugula and the rest of the vinaigrette, gently toss and serve immediately.